GoodBetterBest

This blog is pretty good, it's a little better than most blogs, in fact it might even be the best blog out there.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Red Stick = Baton Rouge



That gentleman is holding what is known as a red stick. This weekend I will be travleing amongst other Rebel faithful to the town that means Red Stick. It actually reads Stick Red, but as we know the french do everything backwards so we in America are forced to invert the phrase so that it makes sense. This is similar to the French's bathing techniques, which don't exist.

Baton Rouge and LSU, ahhh. A combination created in the underbelly of Satan's hell. It's only fitting that Tiger Stadium is commonly referred to as Death Valley. It hasn't been too kind to the Rebels over the course of history as far as wins and losses are concerned, but lately the Rebels have enjoyed some success there. At one point I was even referring to it as The University of Mississippi-Baton Rouge. That quickly changed. But, the last two trips down the Rebels have played in very close games and chances to win against Tiger teams that were definitely more talented and deeper than the Rebs.

Other opportunities present themselves in Baton Rouge beyond just football of course. These opportunities include eating at Mike Anderson's, binge drinking and watching football, trying to find midgets to soak in cologne and hang from your rearview mirror and make into human air-freshners. Ahh, Baton Rouge. All in all it should be a very fun trip regardless of score and outcome. I say this now, but I'll be the guy you see on local news in a profanity laden tirade against local Batonees, Tigeraes, and Governor Kathleen Blanco. Why is it that even when I know we are outmatched, out-manned, and equal witted I still get mad about losing? Why can't I just accept that we aren't as good as some of these teams we play at this point? Because folks, I'm a Rebel. We are naive, jaded, and biased by nature and we bleed blue and red...like most humans, but ours is realllllllllly blue and red.

After Baton Rouge sticks its red stick in my red ass, I'll leave for New Orleans. I will be attending the Saints/Bengals game amongst friends and family. The family being my cousin Trent Yates and the friends being Brent Fletcherand John Cofer. An excellent group of citizens, and hopefully a group that won't be embarrassed when I break out my Reggie Bushjersey, face paint, and gold and black wig because boys...it's coming out. I'm also contemplating a poster that reads, "The Bengals are just a bunch of pussies." Thoughts?

I can't wait, and I will a full recap when I get back. You kids enjoy your weekend.

Labels: